07 September 2007

tenir, tenir a, tenir de, se tenir...

Yesterday morning I found out that I was placed in the most advanced Franch class, yay! I thought the class was good - a bit long, but we just spoke French the entire time, so how bad could it have been? Afterwards, me, Elly, Cecile, and Artur (the last person doing our program) went to this cafe near the Sorbonne, and the waitress there was this crazy older lady...they all thought she was mean, I thought she was hilarious. We all got coffee, except Artur wanted tea, and she insisted on giving him a list of all the teas they have there, and then when she brought it out she told him he had to wait five minutes or else...I'm not communicating how funny it was, I guess you'd have to hear how she talked. She was talking to everyone else the same way, and it was really pretty funny.

On Thursday night, I went out for wine with probably 10 people, and I have to say that it was about the least fun I've had so far. There were so many people all going to the wrong place that it took an hour just to get everyone there, and then we had to split up anyway because the group was too big. I got stuck with a girl who very obviously can't stand me and her ridiculous immature friends who were so typical - speaking English really loudly and just trying to call attention to themselves. Plus, all they really had to talk about was TV and movie stars. I did enjoy spending time with Elly (who was their same age but actually knows how to behave in public) and Artur, who's really funny and speaks French really well.

Today I have French until 12:30, and then I have to make several phone calls today...that should be quite entertaining, as phone use in other languages generally is.

Tomorrow is Cologne! I'm sure there will be enormously ridiculous amounts of pictures after that!!!!!

No comments: