05 September 2007

We've spent the past few mornings with MICEFA people, a written test Tuesday and an oral interview today...I think both were all right, unfortunately the grammar section of the written test was multiple choice, so that wasn't so hot, but I think I made up for it in the written section and in the oral interview, which went very well. I think I'm going to change my first-choice university because Paris 8 - Saint Denis is just way too far away, especially considering that I have a job in Creteil, completely south of here. So I'm probably going to go to one of the Sorbonnes, which both have a lot of interesting cultural courses. The woman who was interviewing me seemed to think that was a good idea; she didn't say anything like that she didn't think my French is good enough or something. Tomorrow, my class begins, and I find out which one I'm in just before the class starts.

Yesterday when I was coming in, I found out a very cool thing, that my friend Molly from AU (who actually lives in Harpers Ferry) is here and is living in the residence as well! She was in Senegal last semester, and she's just a very cool person altogether. She's in the enclave, but hopefully we'll see each other quite a lot!

After the test yesterday morning, I went over to Les Halles in search of a kitchen store that's supposed to be there, but I didn't find anything and I have to say that I didn't really enjoy the area. It was huge and absolutely filled with people, and it was sort of hard to find my way around. I didn't find the kitchen store, and every kitchen store I did find was exorbitantly priced or didn't have a tea kettle! Needless to say, I came back fairly frustrated from there, and really tired from walking all over the place...luckily today was much more successful, not that I found a kettle but I got a broom and some tupperware, so now I can be clean and make things in advance. I've been walking around the more local arrondissements, like the 11th and 12th, a lot, and I really, really like them. I'm hoping that someday I won't be on a mission or get distracted so that I can just wander around and take some photos, though I guess that's not something I can plan.

Well, for now, it's time for tea and some more Harry Potter a l'ecole des sorciers!

No comments: