16 December 2007

one more week!

Since I've only got one more week till I get to go home (YAY!) I figured I should probably give one more quick update about what's been going on here. Well, my school is closed now, not just blocked, and I'm not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure there are no exams this year...or something. Tomorrow my independent study is due, so I'm going in to talk to MICEFA about everything. I'm looking at going to the university in Creteil next semester and taking history classes. They have some pretty interesting ones, so as long as I can get that to work out with my work schedule, I'll be good to go.

Germany was amazing, it would take forever to list all the details here, but I really had a wonderful time. Aachen is a really fun city, and Monschau was really easy to get to. The Christmas markets are really just sort of big parties with lots of food and lots of warm wine. Unfortunately it rained all weekend long, which was sort of a disappointment because being outside and wet for many hours isn't great fun. Luckily there were no other major mishaps, and it was definitely a relaxing weekend, though I was pretty tired when I got back to Paris at 10 at night on Monday...

The week went normally, I got to see Faima on Saturday, which was nice but we went shopping at La Defense and it was just insane...there were so many people, and her friend was there with her baby, so it was really slow going and I was exhausted by the end of the day. Luckily I got some cool presents...then Cory came over last night a little bit. On Thursday we hung out, and we thought there was a concert at Notre Dame, but it was really just the telling of the Christmas story...some other MICEFA kids were there but they were all drunk (surprise surprise) so we left to get hot chocolate. We went to this place right next to the Finnish institute and I saw my Finnish professor through the window! So weird. On Friday we took Cecile to lunch as a little going away party, and we went to this excellent cous cous place that had the best mint tea EVER.

Today I was supposed to go to have dinner at one of my teacher's houses (one of the English teachers from Creteil) but her dad is there and apparently he's quite old and tired today, so she cancelled...so I'm probably going to go ice skating with Cory instead! Yay! Otherwise nothing too exciting has happened, I'm ready to get this school stuff worked out and to go home!!!!

No comments: