07 December 2007

So I'm a fascist now...

I thought I should probably write another post about this week before going on my crazy adventure in Germany this weekend. Tuesday was a little ridiculous, we were supposed to start making up the time we missed for one of my European studies classes, but then of course the students voted to reblock during the AG on Tuesday afternoon (I was in Creteil, of course, and couldn't go) so nothing. I went to Finnish movies instead, which was great and I saw a great film called 'No Man is an Island' which is about the director's father who lives alone on an island, and it was really well made and absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately that's the last Finnish movie of the season, so now I have to wait till spring to go again.
Wednesday was equally as ridiculous. When I was at Censier on Tuesday, I saw two girls from my class and they told me to come back for class on Wednesday to see if we could de-block the school. So I went with Kristen from MICEFA and Tytti, and there were probably 40 or so people there as well as our professor. We all got in a group, some girls thought we could probably force our way in because we had so many people and there weren't that many blockers, but the professor said no so that no one would get hurt. We all walked up to the school and said we wanted to go in, which was when all the blockers started calling us fascists. The professor went in, I'm assuming it was to see if it was possible to get a room, but when he came back out they started calling us fascists again and said he was a 'con' (which is a not nice way to call someone stupid) and began to argue with the professor in the most disrespectful way I've ever seen! All of the students were yelling at him, and some crazy professor too, it was ridiculous. But the prof's reaction was great...when they said we were fascists, he was just like, 'Fascists were groups that developed in the 20s and 30s after World War I in Europe, not students that want to go to school.' Either way, several people came around and tried to explain to us stupid folks who can't understand the blockage cause geez, if we just understood then we wouldn't be trying to go to class, but they annoy me so much because they just talk to us like we don't know what's going on, when just about all of us have gone to AG's and have read up and definitely do know what's going on. So that was unsuccessful. and we didn't have class.
Thursday I went to work and it was nice, I had some new kids and they weren't bad, they were really, really excited to talk to me. Thursday afternoon I went to a Conseil de classe, which is something they do every trimester to tell the kids how they're doing. It was really interesting, especially since it's a class that I have and that I like, it was neat to see how they do in other classes and what they do to the bad kids.
On Thursday night I went to a Finnish independence day party! It was at Roosa's, she's Tytti's friend and she's in the European studies master program. It was so fun, we watched the ball on some internet station (there's always a big ball at the presidential palace and all the important people in Finland go and talk about how much they love Finland) and we ate some Finnish food and Tytti and Roosa sang songs in Finnish. They were the only two Finns, there were 2 French guys, three German guys, and a Ukrainian girl, so it was pretty interesting. I even spoke a little Finnish with Tytti and Roosa, which was so fun! and I figured it was good practice for my exam today.
I had my Finnish exam, it went well, I made one mistake for sure but the rest was good. Now I've just been getting ready to leave this weekend! I'll definitely post again next week when I get the chance!

No comments: